Full payment is due May 20. If you are not paid in full by May 20:
- Your housing request will be canceled.
- You will be dropped from all courses.
Student Account Billing
All students have an account that includes individual charges and credits for the summer term. Charges include tuition and other fees, such as registration and late fees, health insurance fees, and program admission fees, as applicable. Credits applied to your account may include a combination of payments, such as credit cards, personal checks, and financial aid. You may view your student account online.
If you register online, print a copy of the online tuition settlement page for your records. If additional charges are applied to your account at a later date, an account status email will be sent to you.
Past Due Student Accounts
A student account is considered past due if you have a balance due after the May 20 payment deadline.
Harvard Summer School reserves the right to remove you from courses and Summer School housing for nonpayment.
If you have an outstanding balance after the start of classes, you will be referred to the Office of the Dean of Students for removal from courses and housing.
You may not register for courses if you have an outstanding student account balance with the Division of Continuing Education (Harvard Summer School or Extension School). Any outstanding student account balance must be paid in full before you can register or receive an official transcript. Student Financial Services applies all payments to the oldest charges on your account.
Returned Check Policy
- If your check is returned unpaid by your bank for insufficient funds, stopped payment, or account closure, Student Financial Services notifies you and allows you five days to make full payment by money order or credit card.
- If you stop payment on a check, you are no longer eligible to pay by check.
- If your check is returned unpaid by your bank, you may only pay charges with credit card or money order for Harvard Summer School or Harvard Extension School for one year.
- If you have had two checks returned unpaid by your bank for payment to either Harvard Summer School or Extension School, you are no longer eligible to pay by check.
- If full payment is not received, you are removed from your course(s) and housing, if applicable. You are liable for all tuition and fees on your account.
- You are charged a $25 fee for any check returned unpaid for any reason.
Invalid Credit Cards and Credit Card Chargebacks
- If you request a credit card chargeback or attempt to pay with an invalid card, you are removed from your course(s) and housing immediately, and you are liable for all tuition and fees on your account.
- If you use a credit card without the cardholder’s knowledge or permission, you are removed from your course(s) and housing, if applicable, and you may face prosecution.
- If you use another person’s credit card, and the cardholder requests a credit card chargeback, you are removed immediately from your course(s) and housing, if applicable. You are liable for all tuition and fees on your account.