Math placement test. To enroll in courses marked with a star (*) below, you must take the math placement test. For test dates, see the math placement test information.
Prerequisites are important in mathematics, especially in the calculus sequence that includes courses through MATH S-21b. Courses numbered MATH S-101 and above do not require calculus.
Calculators. MATH S-Y, S-Ar, S-1a, S-1b, and S-1ab use graphing calculators. They are not required for the placement test. Ask your instructor on the first day of class about which models are most conveniently supported.
- *MATH S-Ar Precalculus Mathematics 7-week session
- *MATH S-Y Mathematical Models and Expressions 7-week session
- *MATH S-1a Calculus I 7-week session
- *MATH S-1b Calculus II 7-week session
- *MATH S-1ab Calculus I and II 7-week session
- MATH S-21a Multivariable Calculus 7-week session
- MATH S-21b Linear Algebra and Differential Equations 7-week session
- MATH S-101 Spaces, Mappings, and Mathematical Structures (With An Introduction to Proof) 7-week session
- MATH S-301 Math for Teaching Number Theory 3-week session II
- MATH S-310 Graph Theory: Investigating the Mathematical Process 3-week session II
- MATH S-318 Groups and Symmetry 3-week session I
- MATH S-323 Vectors: a Tool for Teaching Algebra, Geometry, and Trigonometry 3-week session I
- MATH S-599 Teaching Projects: Math for Teaching Capstone Course 7-week session