Math placement test. To enroll in courses marked with a star (*) below, you must take the math placement test. For test dates, see the math placement test information. Starred courses begin Tuesday, June 25.
Prerequisites are important in mathematics, especially in the calculus sequence that includes courses through MATH S-21b. Courses numbered MATH S-101 and above do not require calculus.
Calculators. MATH S-Y, S-Ar, S-1a, S-1b, and S-1ab use graphing calculators. They are not required for the placement test. Ask your instructor on the first day of class about which models are most conveniently supported.
- *MATH S-Ar Precalculus Mathematics
- *MATH S-Y Mathematical Models and Expressions
- *MATH S-1a Calculus I
- *MATH S-1b Calculus II
- *MATH S-1ab Calculus I and II
- MATH S-19a Modeling and Differential Equations for the Life Sciences
- MATH S-21a Multivariable Calculus
- MATH S-21b Linear Algebra and Differential Equations
- MATH S-101 Spaces, Mappings, and Mathematical Structures (With An Introduction to Proof)
- MATH S-302 Math for Teaching Geometry
- MATH S-318 Groups and Symmetry
- MATH S-322 Real Analysis for Calculus Teachers