Harvard Extension School Students

Study on campus, online, or abroad and earn credit toward your degree, certificate, or premedical program.

Seven- and three-week session, on campus and online

Many of our on-campus and online courses meet over the course of an intensive seven-week session. We also offer on-campus courses in two consecutive three-week sessions.

International students can request an I-20 certificate of eligibility for the F-1 student visa for either the seven- or three-week sessions. Courses offered in all sessions count toward professional graduate certificates, the undergraduate degree, and most of our graduate degrees at Harvard Extension School.

On-campus courses are held in the mornings, afternoons, and evenings. You can also take advantage of several online course formats that fit your schedule.

Courses popular among Harvard Extension School students:

  • Money, Financial Institutions, and Markets
  • Introduction to Quantitative Methods
  • Global Climate Change: The Science, Social Impact, and Diplomacy of a World Environmental Crisis
  • Dynamic Web Applications
  • Principles of Finance
  • Intellectual Property

Complete information about course offerings will be posted online in mid-January. Consult with your advisor to begin discussing your options and learn more about summer courses.

Fulfilling residency requirements

If you live outside Boston, you can take courses on campus to apply toward your residency requirement. International students who will enroll full-time in the Summer School may request an I-20 certificate for the F-1 student visa.

Live on campus in historic Harvard Houses and dorms, or live off campus and commute to class.

Study abroad programs

Immerse yourself in an experiential learning opportunities with Harvard faculty overseas. Earn credit toward your degree while engaging your intellectual and cultural curiosity in the sciences, languages, humanities, and social sciences.

Learn about the 2016 study abroad programs.