Summer Programs for High School Students
Looking forward to summer 2017?
Information will be posted on a rolling basis:
- By late November: programs for high school students information
- In mid-January: general course listings, housing information, and deadlines
You can see a preview of 2017 dates in the calendar.
Are you a high school student age 15 to 18? Then consider spending your summer at Harvard, where you can explore a variety of college-level courses, and live and learn alongside a diverse set of peers.
Our summer programs for high school students are designed to prepare you for that all-important next step—both academically and socially—paving the way for a successful college experience.
Here, you will expand your worldview, meet new people from all over the globe, test-drive potential majors, gain valuable knowledge and skills, and explore Boston—one of America’s most vibrant and historic cities—amid a community of supportive peers and advisors.
Two options to choose from:
A two-week residential experience featuring noncredit courses
Join other intellectually curious high school students on campus at Harvard, where you can explore topics as wide ranging as American law, philosophy, computer programming, and public speaking. The program features:
- A choice of over 50 noncredit courses designed to give pre-college students a preview of college academics.
- On-campus housing with fellow pre-college students and residential staff.
- Structured days, with weekday class meetings and pre-college activities.
During your two weeks at Harvard, you attend class for three hours a day and participate in college readiness workshops or team-building events. In the evenings, you eat in the dining hall, finish homework in your dorm, and attend social activities.
You leave the pre-college summer program more capable of thinking critically and communicating confidently—skills that will lead to success at school, in college, and in your career.
Applications for the Pre-College Program are now closed.
Secondary School Program
College courses for credit in a seven-week session
This is your test-drive of college. At Harvard, you are fully immersed in college life—balancing time between classes, homework, and extracurricular activities. The program features:
- College courses (over 200 to choose from), which you attend alongside current college students, other high school students, and professionals from around the world.
- Credit you can transfer to a college in the future.
- The choice to live on campus, commute, or study online.
- The freedom to schedule your days.
You may choose to enroll in one or two courses. Outside the classroom, you can attend workshops, take trips to nearby colleges, and unwind through activities like intramural sports and musical pursuits. You find a healthy balance of organized events and free time, allowing you the independence you will find in college.
Applications for the Secondary School Program are now closed.