Pre-College Program Cost
The total fee for a Harvard Pre-College Program session is $4,500. The breakdown of costs and additional fees is outlined below. In addition, we award a limited number of scholarships to students on the basis of financial need.
|Application fee (nonrefundable)||$50|
Full program fee (tuition; room and board; program deposit*)
*A $450 deposit is required when registering for your Pre-College course
|Health insurance fee (if applicable)||$100|
A limited number of scholarships are available to Harvard Pre-College Program students who demonstrate financial need.
To be eligible as a student, you must be either:
- A US citizen or permanent resident.
- OR granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
- You must complete the application and other requirements on time.
About the scholarship
Pre-College Program financial aid is a scholarship award. It is not a loan and does not have to be paid back. Awards vary and depend on financial need and availability of funds. A typical award covers a portion of tuition. Not all financial aid applicants receive a scholarship.
How to apply for financial aid
1. Apply to the Pre-College Program.
- Your application must be complete, with all elements (including transcript, current grades, counselor report, rules form and application) received no later than February 1 at 5 pm eastern standard time.
2. Apply for Pre-College Program financial aid through online services by February 1.
- Be sure the information you submit is accurate and complete. The application will be visible in your main menu upon completion of the Pre-College Program online application.
3. Once your financial aid application has been successfully submitted, you will see a confirmation message and also receive a confirmation e-mail.
- If you do not see the message or e-mail, then your financial aid application was not successfully submitted and you should try again.
|December 6, 2016||Financial aid application period begins|
|Monday, February 1, 2017||Financial aid application deadline|
|Monday, February 20, 2017||Financial aid award decisions communicated|
|March 15, 2017||
Course registration deadline
Your award will be rescinded if you are not registered for classes by March 15
|March 16, 2017||Financial aid award disbursed to your student account|
|April 17, 2017||Online course registration and program full payment deadline|
Students are encouraged to seek other sources of funding in addition to applying for Pre-College financial aid. We do not maintain a list of outside funding sources.
Pre-College Program financial aid is independent of Harvard College financial aid and is not associated with the FAFSA.