Secondary School Program Admissions
Eligibility for 2018
The Secondary School Program admissions committee is looking for mature, academically motivated students who meet both the following criteria:
- Will graduate from high school and enter college in 2018, 2019, or 2020
- Are at least 15 years old by December 1, 2017 and will not turn 20 years old before July 31, 2018
- Complete an online application and provide supplemental materials, including:
- If English is not your native language, submit a TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or Pearson PTE Academic score along with your application. The Harvard Summer School institution code is 8578.
- Watch your inbox—you’ll receive an email notice prompting you to log in to check your application status. You can expect to be notified within two weeks once your application is complete.
The Secondary School Program application is now open. Here's how to get started:
New student? Start your application
Returning student? Log into online services and select the Secondary School Program from the Group Options menu to start your application.
Keep in mind that you may only apply for the Pre-College Program or the Secondary School Program.
If you are not a US citizen or permanent resident, an F-1 student visa is required to study on campus. To be issued the F-1 student visa, you must first obtain an I-20 certificate of eligibility from Harvard Summer School. Be sure to read International Student Guidelines.
2018 Application deadlines
|Financial aid application deadline:||Thursday, February 1, 5pm|
|International residential students:||Monday, April 23|
|Domestic residential students:||Monday, May 7|
|Commuting and online students:||
Monday, May 7
Admissions decisions are made on a rolling, first-come, first-served basis, and the selection process is very competitive.
There is no minimum GPA requirement. We evaluate all information submitted—including transcripts, counselor reports, and your GPA—when considering your application. You are welcome to submit PSAT, SAT, or ACT test scores, but they are not required.
Apply early, as space in the program is limited.
If English is not your native language, take one of the required proficiency tests early to ensure you get your scores in time to apply early in the application cycle.
- Track our receipt of your supplementary materials by logging into online services. You want to be sure that we have all of your application materials on hand.
NEXT STEPS AFTER ADMISSION
You register for courses after acceptance to the program. Most courses do fill up quickly, so plan to register early.