Scholarships are available to assist Secondary School Program students with outstanding academic records who demonstrate financial need. Students must be US citizens or permanent residents. A typical award covers a portion of the tuition.
Financial aid is a scholarship award. It is not a loan and it does not have to be paid back.
To apply for financial aid:
- Review the eligibility requirements and policies.
- Apply to the Secondary School Program early.
- Be sure all information you submit is accurate and complete.
- Apply for financial aid online through online services between March 2 and March 23. We do not accept financial aid application materials sent via fax or e-mail.
- For financial aid applicants, the SSP application must be completed by Monday, March 23.
- The financial aid application period is from Monday, March 2, to Monday, March 23.
- You will be notified of financial aid decisions by Monday, April 13, via e-mail.
Eligibility for financial aid
- Only Secondary School Program students who are US citizens or permanent residents are eligible.
- To be eligible for financial aid, you must complete your SSP application and financial aid application before March 23.
- Late applications for financial aid are not accepted.
- Note that the Secondary School Program policy on financial aid differs from the Harvard College policy and is not associated with the FAFSA.
- Awards are primarily for tuition, and most scholarships cover only a portion of tuition. You are encouraged to seek other sources of funding in addition to applying for Secondary School Program financial aid.
- Awards vary and depend on financial need, academic level (preference is given to students who will graduate in 2016), academic merit, status (residential, commuting, or online), and availability of funds.
If you have questions about the Secondary School Program financial aid application process please e-mail email@example.com.