Registration and Preparing for Arrival
Registration for courses is now open through May 19. College and adult students can register for most Harvard Summer School courses without application. High school students, including those who will graduate in 2014, must be admitted to the Secondary School Program to register for courses.
How to register for courses
Step 1: Review registration guidelines.
The registration guidelines provide information about English proficiency and I-20 requirements, course prerequisites, placement tests, and more. Take steps now to meet requirements that apply to you.
Step 2: Log in to online services.
In online services, you can manage your student account and information. You can find the “login” link at the top right of any summer webpage.
- Returning students: Log in with your DCE ID number and DCE PIN or your Harvard ID number (HUID) and Harvard PIN.
- New students: On the login page select “Register” in the New Student box. You will receive a DCE ID number and DCE PIN after entering the required information.
- Undergraduates who are under 18 years old: You must register on paper and submit an official letter of enrollment from your home school confirming degree-seeking status.
You can register with a credit card payment of the $50 nonrefundable registration fee and $200 deposit. The deposit is applied toward your total Summer School charges.
Step 3: Meet requirements and deadlines.
Most deadlines are noted in the academic calendar. You should also read e-mail messages you receive from the Summer School for additional information and updates.
Step 4: Pay all tuition and fees by May 19.
If full payment of tuition and fees is not received online or at 51 Brattle St. by May 19:
- Your housing request will be canceled.
- You will be dropped from limited-enrollment courses and unapproved course overloads. International students who drop below full-time enrollment will no longer be eligible for the F-1 student visa.
- You will be charged a nonrefundable $200 late payment fee.
See Tuition, Fees, and Payment for details on payment options and policies.
Late registration with $200 late fee
If you register between May 20 and June 26:
- You must pay all tuition and fees, including a nonrefundable $200 late registration fee, when you register.
- You are not eligible for on-campus housing.
- You have fewer course options, as many limited-enrollment courses will already be full.
You still are expected to be on campus, attend your first class meetings (or participate in online courses), and do all required coursework when classes begin. The Summer School may prohibit or cancel your registration if you do not. Late work may be submitted only with instructor approval and according to instructor policies.
During Opening Weekend, June 21 and 22, you move into housing if living on campus, check in, get your ID card, and learn about activities and resources. Full information about Opening Weekend will be available in the spring.
The Information Services staff can assist you by phone or e-mail. Call (617) 495-4024 or e-mail email@example.com.
Can’t register online?
Download and submit a registration form, available in March.
Students admitted to the Secondary School Program and Secondary School Intensive English Language Program: see your Secondary School Program downloadable forms.
Allow enough time for forms to be received by the May 19 deadline.