ID Numbers and PINs
As a Harvard Summer School studetnt, you are issued two sets of identification (ID) numbers and associated personal identification numbers (PINs):
- DCE ID number and PIN: provides initial access to online services for new students
- Harvard University ID number and PIN: provides access to online services all other Harvard University resources
DCE ID number and PIN
Your DCE ID number and PIN uniquely identify you within the Division of Continuing Education, which encompasses Harvard Summer School and Harvard Extension School. These are assigned to you the first time you create an online services account and can be used only to access online services.
Where do I find my DCE ID number and PIN?
Your DCE ID number begins with the “@” symbol. If you have an online services account, but do not know your DCE ID number, you may request it from the online services login page. You may also visit Information Services at 51 Brattle Street with a government-issued photo ID.
If you do not know your DCE PIN, you may reset it on the online services login page.
Harvard ID number and PIN
Your Harvard University ID number (HUID) and PIN uniquely identify you within Harvard University. They are different from your DCE ID number and PIN. If you are new to Harvard, your Harvard ID number will be issued and activated generally within two business days of registration, beginning in mid-March.
Your Harvard ID number and PIN provide access to the following Summer School resources, including online services:
- Most password-protected course websites
- Harvard computer accounts
- Harvard library electronic resources
- Harvard ID card photo submission application
- Distance education videos
- Links to live web-conference courses
- Summer School portal pages
- MessageMe, the Harvard emergency text notification system
Where do I find my Harvard ID number and PIN?
You will be notified by e-mail when your Harvard ID number has been issued and activated. You can also see your Harvard ID number on the “Student Information and Status” page in online services.
Once your Harvard ID number is issued and activated, you must request a Harvard PIN via the Harvard PIN System. If you have trouble requesting or receiving a PIN via e-mail, call Information Services at (617) 495-4024, or write to email@example.com from the e-mail address you provided in the Harvard Summer School system.
Remember to keep all your ID numbers and PINs confidential.