Study Abroad Programs
The 2017 summer study abroad programs will be announced here in mid-October.
Expect a true Harvard experience this summer. During a Harvard Summer School study abroad program, you will engage your intellectual curiosity with Harvard faculty, build a new network of friends, and expand your understanding of the world.
The programs provide a range of academic experiences from opportunities, from focused foreign language and culture courses to immersive study of location-specific topics in the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences. Application instructions, course descriptions, prerequisites, course credit information, dates, and specific cost information will be posted online when available.
Who can apply
The Harvard Summer School study abroad programs seek motivated, independent students who are eager for a unique academic challenge. All programs are selective and have limited enrollment. The application deadline for most programs is January 26, 2017.
To apply, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have completed at least one year of college or be a first-year student
- Be in good academic standing
Students enrolled at any accredited university are welcome to apply.
HOW TO BEGIN
- Explore the programs listed below.
- Harvard College students can also learn more about the programs Summer Funding and Programs Fair, which is held on Tuesday, December 6 from 12 pm to 4 pm at the Student Organization Center at Hilles.
- Before applying, be sure to carefully consider the mental, emotional, and physical challenges of the program and familiarize yourself with the country of interest.
- Review the application requirements and deadlines, as well as information about the policies and safety.
- Note: You may submit applications to two study abroad programs, specifying your first and second choices. Each application requires a fee.
Most Harvard Summer School study abroad courses count as work done in residence if they are taken for credit after your matriculation s a Harvard College degree candidate and before your graduation. Harvard College students should always consult with departments regarding application of credit toward concentrations, citations, or secondary fields. See the specific program page for information about the degree credit earned for the course.
For general questions, please contact the Summer School study abroad office at email@example.com. (General Education credit for Summer School study abroad courses is listed on the specific program's page. If you have more questions, please visit the Gen Ed website.)
Other Harvard University and non-Harvard College students: Harvard Summer School credits are accepted toward degrees at most colleges and universities. Since degree requirements vary among schools, you are advised to obtain transfer credit approval from your home institutions before registering for Harvard Summer School courses.