How to Apply
Study abroad program directors look for mature, academically motivated students who are willing to broaden their horizons, experience a challenge, and grow as a person.
Who can apply?
To apply, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have completed at least one year of college or be a first-year student
- Be in good academic standing
Non-Harvard College students: Students at any accredited university are welcome to apply. Harvard Summer School credits are accepted toward degrees at most colleges and universities.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
Before applying to a study abroad program, be sure to:
- Familiarize yourself with the program(s) of interest; learn about where you will study, travel, and live; and understand the academic expectations for the program
- Carefully consider the mental, emotional, and physical challenges of the program(s) of interest
- Read the Study Abroad program policies
- Contact program staff if you have any questions; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, call (617) 998-8593, or e-mail your program of interest's director or contact person
- Harvard College students: Attend the Summer Funding and Programs Fair on Tuesday, December 5, from 12 to 4 pm, at the Student Organization Center at Hilles
HOW TO APPLY
For all programs, your application requires three components:
- A nonrefundable $50 application fee
- Your most recent transcript
- A completed online application
The online application includes:
- Basic personal information
- A statement of interest
- Program-specific materials (see program pages for instructions)
You may submit applications to two study abroad programs, specifying your first and second choices. (Note: Each application requires a fee.)
Be sure to complete the online application in order. Some programs may require an additional interview. You will be notified of admission in mid- to late-February, 2017.
For Harvard College students only: We have paired with the Financial Aid Office to consider fee reimbursements for students who are receiving full financial aid. If the $50 application fee poses a financial burden, please contact the Harvard Summer School Study Abroad Office (email@example.com). Please note that by requesting this reimbursement, you are giving us permission to verify your level of aid with the Financial Aid Office.
Meet with program directors and faculty to learn more about the programs.
Tokyo: Information session takes place on Tuesday, October 31 from 4:30 to 6 pm, S250 CGIS South.
Yokohama: Information session takes place on Tuesday, October 31 from 4:30 to 6 pm, S250 CGIS South.