Registration for summer 2017 courses is open through May 15.
How to register for courses
Step 1: Browse courses and review registration requirements.
Before you register, search the course catalog to find courses that interest you. Learn about course prerequisites, placement tests, credit options, the English proficiency requirement, guidelines for international students, and enrollment policies. Take steps now to prepare and meet requirements that apply to you.
Step 2: Log in to online services.
In online services, you can create your student account, maintain your contact information, register for courses, make payments, view your grades, and request a transcript. Look for the “login” link at the top right of any summer webpage.
- Returning students: Log in with your DCE ID number and DCE PIN or your HarvardKey.
- New students: On the login page select “Create Account” in the New Student box. You will receive a DCE ID number and DCE PIN after entering the required information.
You register for courses online with a credit card payment of the $50 registration fee and the $200 Summer School deposit. The registration fee is nonrefundable. The deposit is applied toward your total Summer School charges and refundable according to the course drop and housing cancellation refund policies.
Step 3: Meet registration requirements and deadlines.
Most deadlines are noted in the academic calendars. You should watch for e-mails from the Summer School with additional information and updates.
Step 4: Pay all tuition and fees.
If full payment of tuition and fees is not received online or at 51 Brattle St. by May 15:
- Your housing request will be canceled.
- You will be dropped from limited-enrollment courses and unapproved course overloads. International students who no longer meet the enrollment requirements for students with an I-20 will not be eligible for the F-1 student visa.
- You will be charged a nonrefundable $200 late payment fee.
See Tuition, Fees, and Payment for details on payment options and policies.
During late registration, you may register online with full payment of all tuition and fees, including a nonrefundable $200 late registration fee. Late registration is:
- May 16 through June 21 for the seven-week session and three-week session I
- May 16 through July 12 for three-week session II
On-campus housing is not available to late registrants. There are also fewer course options in late registration, as many limited-enrollment courses will be full.
If you register late, you still are expected to attend (or participate online) and do all coursework from the day your classes begin. The Summer School may prohibit or cancel your registration if you miss first class meetings. Late work may be submitted only with instructor approval and according to instructor policies.
If you register by May 15, you are not charged a late fee to make course and credit status changes during late registration.
Arrival and check-in
Students in the seven-week session and three-week session I arrive and check in on Opening Weekend, June 17 and 18. Resident students move into on-campus housing, and all students check in, pick up ID cards, and learn about activities and resources.
Students in three-week session II arrive and check in on Sunday, July 9.
Full information about arrival and check-in for all sessions will be available in the spring.
Please contact Enrollment Services at (617) 495-4024 or e-mail email@example.com.