Summer Jobs for Harvard Students
Summer job opportunities
Every summer, Harvard Summer School recruits Harvard undergraduate and graduate students to enhance the experience of more than 3,000 high school, college, and adult students visiting campus—many being their first time. Interested Harvard students can apply for jobs related to residential life, academic support, and student activities.
Every year students travel from near and far to spend a summer studying at Harvard. Residential life staff helps new students acclimate to campus, provide guidance and advice, uphold the policies in the Student Handbook, and more. These roles are crucial in ensuring that visiting students get the most out of their time here on campus while focusing on what matters most—their academics.
The following jobs are offered in residential life:
- Summer School Proctor:
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 31.
- Over 150 proctor positions are available to Harvard students who will supervise Summer School residences.
- Download and review the information sheet for proctor applicants.
- Log in to Online Services to begin the proctor application. If you do not have a DCE ID and PIN, scroll to the bottom of the Online Services page and follow the instructions.
- Assistant Dean, Secondary School Program and General Program
- Review the job description
- Proctor, Pre-College Program
- Resident Director, Pre-College Program
Harvard Summer School courses can be challenging and intensive. Visiting students may need the help of a tutor or personal coach to help improve their academic performance or get back on track after adjusting to their new surroundings.
The following jobs are offered in academic support:
- Tutor, Academic Tutor Program
- Academic & Personal Coach, Academic Tutor Program
Everyone needs a little break from their coursework every now and then. The student activities staff are instrumental in coordinating on-campus activities like the talent show, movie nights, and the quiz bowl, as well as off-campus excursions to local New England beaches, Red Sox baseball games, and more!
The following jobs are offered in student activities:
- Assistant Coordinator, Student Activities Office
- Program Coordinator, Student Activities Office
- Activities Assistant, Pre-College Program
- Activities Coordinator, Pre-College Program
*Applications for student activities positions will be available in early 2018.