Registration is now open for summer 2018 courses. Please review the minimum age policy before learning how to register for courses.
How to register for courses
Step 1: Browse courses and review registration requirements.
Before you register, search the course catalog to find courses that interest you. Learn about requirements like the English proficiency requirement, guidelines for international students, and enrollment policies.
Step 2: Log in or create an account.
In online services, you can create your student account, maintain your contact information, register for courses, make payments, view your grades, and request a transcript. Look for the “login” link at the top right of any summer webpage.
- Returning students: Log in with your DCE ID number and DCE PIN or your HarvardKey.
- New students: On the login page select “Create Account” in the New Student box. You will receive a DCE ID number and DCE PIN after entering the required information.
You register for courses online with a credit card payment of the $50 registration fee and the $200 deposit. The registration fee is nonrefundable. The deposit is applied toward your total Summer School charges and refundable according to the course drop and housing cancellation refund policies.
Step 3: Meet registration requirements and deadlines.
Most deadlines are noted in the academic calendars. You should watch for emails from the Summer School with additional information and updates.
Step 4: Pay all tuition and fees.
If full payment of tuition and fees is not received online or at 51 Brattle Street by May 21:
- Your housing request will be canceled.
- You will be dropped from limited-enrollment courses and unapproved course overloads. International students who no longer meet the enrollment requirements for students with an I-20 will not be eligible for the F-1 student visa.
- You will be charged a nonrefundable $200 late payment fee.
See Tuition, Fees, and Payment for details on payment options and policies.
During late registration, you may register online with full payment of all tuition and fees, including a nonrefundable $200 late registration fee. Late registration is:
- May 22 through June 27 for the seven-week session and three-week session I
- May 22 through July 18 for three-week session II
If you register by May 21, you are not charged a late fee to make course and credit status changes during late registration.
On-campus housing is not generally available to late registrants. See Housing Request for more details. There are also fewer course options in late registration, as many limited-enrollment courses will be full.
If you register late, you still are expected to attend (or participate online) and do all coursework from the day your classes begin. The Summer School may prohibit or cancel your registration if you miss first class meetings. Late work may be submitted only with instructor approval and according to instructor policies.
Arrival and check-in
Students in the seven-week session and three-week session I arrive and check in on Opening Weekend, June 23 and 24. Resident students move into on-campus housing, and all students check in, pick up ID cards, and learn about activities and resources.
Students in three-week session II arrive and check in on Sunday, July 15.
See Preparation and Arrival for more information about arrival and check-in.
Please contact Enrollment Services at (617) 495-4024 or email email@example.com.