Registration for the 2019 summer is now closed. Watch for our 2020 courses. We'll announce them in January.
How to register for courses
Step 1: Browse courses and review registration requirements.
Before you register, search the course catalog to find courses that interest you. Learn about requirements like the English proficiency requirement, guidelines for international students, and enrollment policies.
Step 2: Log in or create an online services account.
In online services, you can create your student account, maintain your contact information, register for courses, make payments, view your grades, and request a transcript. Look for the “login” link at the top right of any summer webpage.
- Returning students: Log in with your HarvardKey, DCE Single Sign-On account, or DCE ID and DCE PIN.
- New students: Select “Create Account” in the New Student box on the login page. You will be directed to the DCE Single Sign-On portal to create your login credential or sign up with HarvardKey before continuing with your student account creation.
You register for courses online.
Step 3: Meet registration requirements and deadlines.
Most deadlines are noted in the academic calendars. You should watch for emails from the Summer School with additional information and updates.
Step 4: Pay all tuition and fees.
If full payment of tuition and fees is not received online or at 51 Brattle Street by May 20:
- Your housing request will be canceled.
- You will be dropped from all courses and waitlists. If you are dropped for non-payment, you remain eligible to register for courses. However, there is no guarantee space will still be available in the courses or on the waitlists from which you were dropped.
- International students who no longer meet the enrollment requirements for students with an I-20 will not be eligible for the F-1 student visa.
See Tuition, Fees, and Payment for details on payment options and policies.
During late registration, you may register online. You will be charged a nonrefundable $200 late registration fee.
On-campus housing is not generally available to late registrants. See Housing Request for more details. There are also fewer course options in late registration, as many limited-enrollment courses will be full.
If you register late, you still are expected to attend (or participate online) and do all coursework from the day your classes begin. The Summer School may prohibit or cancel your registration if you miss first class meetings. Late work may be submitted only with instructor approval and according to instructor policies.
Please contact Enrollment Services at (617) 495-4024 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.