Pre-College Program Cost
The total fee for a Harvard Pre-College Program session is $4,500. The breakdown of costs and additional fees is outlined below. In addition, we award a limited number of scholarships to students on the basis of financial need.
- Application fee (nonrefundable): $50
- Full program fee: $4,500
- Health insurance fee: $100
A limited number of scholarships are available to assist students who demonstrate financial need. Awards vary based on need, and a typical award covers a portion of the tuition. If needed, we encourage you to seek other sources of funding as well.
To be eligible as a student, you must be either:
- A US citizen or permanent resident.
- OR granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
- You must complete the application and other requirements on time.
Applying for aid
- Complete the Pre-College Program application and ensure that all supplementary materials have been submitted to the program office by February 1, 2018.
- Apply for financial aid via online services by February 1. You must complete the program application in full prior to starting and completing the financial aid application.
- We will notify you by 5pm Tuesday, February 20 if you've been awarded a scholarship.
- Students awarded financial aid must pay their $450 deposit and register for a course by March 15 or their financial aid award may be rescinded.
FAQ: Am I guaranteed financial aid if I've received aid in a previous Harvard Summer School program and/or term?
No, you are not guaranteed a financial aid award if you have received aid from Harvard Summer School in previous terms. Additionally, if you do receive a financial aid award, the amount may be less from previous years. Students must apply for financial aid every year. Eligibility is based on current financial status and funds available from Harvard Summer School.
If you have questions about the Pre-College Program financial aid application process, please e-mail email@example.com.