Pre-College Program Cost
The total fee for a Harvard Pre-College Program session is $4,600. The breakdown of costs and additional fees is outlined below. In addition, we awarded a limited number of scholarships to students on the basis of financial need.
- Application fee (nonrefundable): $75
- Full program fee: $4,600
- Health insurance fee: $100
A limited number of scholarships are available to assist students who demonstrate financial need. Awards vary based on need, and a typical award covers a portion of the tuition. If needed, we encourage you to seek other sources of funding as well.
To be eligible as a student, you must be either:
- A US citizen or permanent resident.
- OR granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
- You must complete the application and other requirements on time.
About the Award
Pre-College Program financial aid is a scholarship award. It is not a loan and does not have to be paid back. Awards typically cover only a portion of the program cost, not its entirety. Families should expect to contribute to the remaining portion of the program cost as well as other expenses like travel, books, etc.
Award amounts are determined by many variables, including family finances and availability of funds. Not all financial aid applicants may be eligible for or receive a scholarship. Harvard Summer School staff cannot predict how much aid a student may be offered.
Applicants are not guaranteed a financial aid award even if they have received aid from Harvard Summer School in previous terms. Students must apply for financial aid every year. Eligibility is based on current financial status and funds available from Harvard Summer School.
Applying for Aid
1. Complete the Pre-College Program application including the financial aid section and ensure that all supplementary materials have been submitted to the program office by February 1, 2019 at noon ET. Once submitted, applications cannot be edited or amended. Please DO NOT SEND tax returns and other confidential or sensitive information via email.
2. All accepted students will be notified by 5pm Tuesday, February 20 if awarded a scholarship.
3. Accepted students awarded financial aid must register for a course by March 15 or their financial aid award may be rescinded.
|Mid December, 2018||Financial aid application period begins|
|Friday, February 1, 2019 at noon ET||
Financial aid application deadline
All program and financial aid application materials (including counselor report, applicable test scores, and transcripts) must be submitted
|Wednesday, February 20, 2019 by 5:00pm ET||Financial aid award decisions communicated|
|Friday, March 15, 2019||
Course registration deadline to receive aid
Your award will be rescinded if you are not registered by March 15
|Monday, March 18, 2019||Financial aid award disbursed to your student account|
Please note: We encourage applicants to seek other sources of funding in addition to applying for Harvard Pre-College Program financial aid. We do not maintain a list of outside funding sources.
Due to the sensitive nature of the financial aid application process we regret we are unable to provide phone support for Harvard Pre-College Financial Aid.
If you have questions about the Harvard Pre-College Program financial aid application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please DO NOT SEND tax returns and other confidential or sensitive information via email. Email is not secure. If you have any questions regarding the financial aid process, please email the Pre-College financial aid office directly.