Pre-College Program Cost
Interested in joining us in 2018?
Applications will open in December, so mark your calendars. Until then, join our insider list. You'll be one of the first to know about 2018 application deadlines, program updates, courses, and more.
The total fee for a Harvard Pre-College Program session is $4,500. The breakdown of costs and additional fees is outlined below. In addition, we award a limited number of scholarships to students on the basis of financial need.
|Application fee (nonrefundable)||$50|
Full program fee (tuition; room and board; program deposit*)
*A $450 deposit is required when registering for your Pre-College course
|Health insurance fee (if applicable)||$100|
A limited number of scholarships are available to Harvard Pre-College Program students who demonstrate financial need.
To be eligible as a student, you must be either:
- A US citizen or permanent resident.
- OR granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
- You must complete the application and other requirements on time.
About the scholarship
Pre-College Program financial aid is a scholarship award. It is not a loan and does not have to be paid back. Awards vary and depend on financial need and availability of funds. A typical award covers a portion of tuition. Not all financial aid applicants receive a scholarship.
How to apply for financial aid
1. Apply to the Pre-College Program.
- Your application must be complete, with all elements (including transcript, current grades, counselor report, rules form and application) received no later than February 1 at 5 pm eastern standard time.
2. Apply for Pre-College Program financial aid through online services by February 1.
- Be sure the information you submit is accurate and complete. The application will be visible in your main menu upon completion of the Pre-College Program online application.
3. Once your financial aid application has been successfully submitted, you will see a confirmation message and also receive a confirmation e-mail.
- If you do not see the message or e-mail, then your financial aid application was not successfully submitted and you should try again.
|December 6, 2016||Financial aid application period begins|
|Monday, February 1, 2017||Financial aid application deadline|
|Monday, February 20, 2017||Financial aid award decisions communicated|
|March 15, 2017||
Course registration deadline
Your award will be rescinded if you are not registered for classes by March 15
|March 16, 2017||Financial aid award disbursed to your student account|
|April 17, 2017||Online course registration and program full payment deadline|
Students are encouraged to seek other sources of funding in addition to applying for Pre-College financial aid. We do not maintain a list of outside funding sources.
Pre-College Program financial aid is independent of Harvard College financial aid and is not associated with the FAFSA.