Secondary School Program Cost
The total cost of the Secondary School Program depends on the number of courses taken and residential status:
- Online or commuter experience: $3,340–$6,680
- Residential experience: $12,730
The residential rate included 8 credits of course tuition, room and board—including meals—and insurance fees.
2019 Tuition and Fees
|Application fee (nonrefundable)||$75|
|Housing (room and board)||$5,850|
|Health insurance fee||$200|
Scholarships are available to Secondary School Program students with excellent academic records who demonstrate financial need.
To be eligible:
- You must be a US citizen; or permanent resident
- OR you must be granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status
- You must complete the applications and all other requirements on time
About the Award
Secondary School Program financial aid is a scholarship award. It is not a loan and does not have to be paid back. Awards typically cover only a portion of the program cost, not its entirety. Families should expect to contribute to the remaining portion of the program cost as well as other expenses like travel, books, etc.
Award amounts are determined by many variables, including family finances, availability of funds, and whether a student is residential, commuting, or attending online. Residential students demonstrating exceptional financial need may be eligible for additional funding towards room and board.
Not all financial aid applicants may be eligible for or receive a scholarship. Harvard Summer School staff cannot predict how much aid a student may be offered.
FAQ: Am I guaranteed financial aid if I've received aid in a previous Harvard Summer School program and/or term?
No, you are not guaranteed a financial aid award if you have received aid from Harvard Summer School in previous terms. Additionally, if you do receive a financial aid award, the amount may be less from previous years. Students must apply for financial aid every year. Eligibility is based on current financial status and funds available from Harvard Summer School.
Please note: We encourage students to seek other sources of funding in addition to applying for Secondary School Program financial aid. We do not maintain a list of outside funding sources.
Secondary School Program financial aid is independent of Harvard College financial aid and is not associated with the FAFSA.
|The financial aid deadline has passed. We will consider late applicants on a first-come, first-served basis as long as funds remain available. Notifications will be sent on April 22, 2019.|
Applying for Aid
1. Complete the Secondary School Program application including the financial aid section and ensure that all supplementary materials have been submitted to the program office by February 1, 2019 at noon ET. Once submitted, applications cannot be edited or amended. Please DO NOT SEND tax returns and other confidential or sensitive information via email.
2. All accepted students will be notified by 5pm Wednesday, February 20 if awarded a scholarship.
3. Accepted students awarded financial aid must register for a course by 5pm Friday, March 15 or their financial aid award may be rescinded.
If you have questions about the Secondary School Program financial aid application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.