How to Apply
Study abroad program directors look for mature, academically motivated students who are willing to broaden their horizons, experience a challenge, and grow as a person.
Who can apply?
To apply, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have completed at least one year of college or be a first-year student
- Be in good academic standing
Non-Harvard College students: Students at any accredited university are welcome to apply. Harvard Summer School credits are accepted toward degrees at most colleges and universities.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
Before applying to a study abroad program, be sure to:
- Familiarize yourself with the program(s) of interest; learn about where you will study, travel, and live; and understand the academic expectations for the program
- Carefully consider the mental, emotional, and physical challenges of the program(s) of interest
- Read the Study Abroad program policies
- Contact program staff if you have any questions; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, call (617) 998-9602, or e-mail your program of interest's director or contact person
- Harvard College students: Attend the Summer Funding and Programs Fair on Tuesday, December 5, from 12 to 4 pm, at the Student Organization Center at Hilles
HOW TO APPLY
For all programs, your application requires three components:
- A nonrefundable $50 application fee
- Your most recent transcript
- A completed online application
The online application includes:
- Basic personal information
- A statement of interest
- Program-specific materials (see program pages for instructions)
You may submit applications to two study abroad programs, specifying your first and second choices. (Note: Each application requires a fee.)
Be sure to complete the online application in order. Some programs may require an additional interview. You will be notified of admission in mid- to late-February, 2017.
For Harvard College students only: We have paired with the Financial Aid Office to consider fee reimbursements for students who are receiving full financial aid. If the $50 application fee poses a financial burden, please select the option to request a fee waiver in your online application. Please note that by requesting this reimbursement, you are giving us permission to verify your level of aid with the Financial Aid Office.