Resources & Policies


As a Summer School student, you have access to a number of University resources. You will have a computer account and may use labs on campus. You may visit University libraries and museums. If you need help with writing assignments, the Writing Center is available to you. If you need accommodations, contact Accessibility Services.


This free app, available on the Apple App Store and Google Play, features emergency contacts, health and wellness information, and other University resources available to Harvard Summer School students. Some features include:

  • Who to contact: Find information on who to contact for answers to your questions.
  • Food: Review meal choices at your dining hall, view the food truck schedule, and check out local restaurants.
  • Events: View events and add them to your calendar.
  • Campus map: Explore Harvard’s campus with a map that includes all University buildings.
  • Shuttle tracker: Access up-to-the-minute information about shuttle schedules and delays.


Throughout the summer, you may have questions regarding policies and services, such as the ones below. Feel free to call Academic Services at (617) 495-0977 with questions.

Become familiar with all policies that affect you at Summer School by reading Student ResponsibilitiesRegulations and Compliance, and Sexual and Gender-Based Harassment Policy and Resources.


Many courses have final exams during the last week of Summer School. In online courses with final exams, instructors may give an online exam or a timed and proctored exam. To learn more about exam policies, see Exams. Check your course website or syllabus for exam details. 


Grades are assigned to students who register in courses at the undergraduate and graduate level. Grades for study abroad programs are generally available one week after the program’s official end dates. Learn more about grades.

Transfer credit and accreditation

Many institutions accept transfer credit from Harvard Summer School, which is fully accredited. Learn about accreditation and transfer credit.

Transcripts and enrollment verification

You may request a transcript online or submit a transcript request form to Academic Services, and you may also seek verification of your enrollment. See Transcripts and Enrollment Verification.

Have a question?

Our Enrollment Services team is here to help.

Request Information