How to Apply
The Harvard Summer School study abroad programs seek motivated, independent students who are eager for a unique academic challenge. All programs are selective and have limited enrollment. The application deadline for most programs is January 31, 2019.
Who can apply
To apply, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have completed at least one year of college or be a first-year student
- Be in good academic standing
Students enrolled at any accredited university are welcome to apply.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
- Familiarize yourself with your program(s) of interest; learn about where you will study, travel, and live; and understand the academic expectations for the program(s).
- Carefully consider the mental, emotional, and physical challenges of the program(s) of interest.
- Read the Study Abroad program policies.
- Contact program staff if you have any questions; email firstname.lastname@example.org, call (617) 998-9602, or email the contact person for your program of interest (see the individual program webpages for contact information).
HOW TO APPLY
Click “Apply Now” in the “Application” section of the webpage of your program of interest to be directed to the online application.
The online application for all programs includes:
- Basic personal information
- A statement of interest
- Your most recent transcript
- Program-specific requirements (if applicable, may include letters of recommendation, audio or video submissions, etc.)
- A $75 application fee (per program)
You may apply to up to two programs; each program requires a separate application and fee. You will be notified of your admissions status in each program no later than early March.
Fee Reimbursements for Harvard College Students
We have paired with the Financial Aid Office to consider fee reimbursements for Harvard College students who are receiving full financial aid. If the $75 application fee poses a financial burden, please select the option to request a fee waiver in your online application. Please note that by requesting this reimbursement, you are giving us permission to verify your level of aid with the Financial Aid Office.
Most Harvard Summer School study abroad courses count as work done in residence if they are taken for credit after your matriculation as a Harvard College degree candidate and before your graduation. Harvard College students should always consult with departments regarding application of credit toward concentrations, citations, or secondary fields. See the specific program page for information about the degree credit earned for the course.
For general questions, please contact the Summer School Study Abroad Office at email@example.com. (General Education credit for Summer School study abroad courses is listed on the specific program's page. If you have more questions, please visit the Gen Ed website.)
Harvard graduate students and students at other institutions: Harvard Summer School credits are accepted toward degrees at most colleges and universities. Since degree requirements vary among schools, you are advised to obtain transfer credit approval from your home institutions before registering for Harvard Summer School courses.